Micro-Business Development is Growing in Inland Southern California
- Good for the Economy
- Good for the Community
- Good for business owners and their families
Over 90% of all businesses in Riverside and San Bernardino counties are microbusinesses (less than five employees). Though these businesses are small, they account for over 23% of all employment in the region. Helping small businesses grow means jobs for the region, more income circulating locally and a steady tax base.
What is Micro-Business Development?
Micro-Business Development includes all the programs, products and services that help small businesses start and grow. These include business counseling, training, loans geared for small business called Micro-Loans, business incubators, and entrepreneur network programs.
SUCCESS IN 2018
were trained in business skills such as marketing and financial management
counseling to guide
the growth and
direction of their
861 jobs were created from this effort
513 individuals businesses received business loans for a total of $15,398,000 in microlending (up from
$10M in 2017)
is the owner of Document Security Solutions located in the City of Murieta. As a veteran, a start-up and a minority business owner he was struggling. He first came to AmPac Business Capital for help securing financing for his business. He had credit challenges that made his business difficult for traditional bankers to fund. AmPac worked with other small business resources to help Mr. Morris put together a business plan, his financial projections and improve his recordkeeping. After securing the loan from AmPac Business Capital, his business grew. He has been awarded over $1M in government contracts and is growing his staffing past the current four employees. Remarkably, Mr. Morris did not stop there. He wanted to help other veterans and co-founded Veteran’s Business Action Committee, a group that works to promote entrepreneurial education, mentorship and resources to support local veterans. This effort earned him the 2018 Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year.
So far, we’re on track for 2019, but we need your help…
2019 Goals of the MicroEnterprise Collaborative of Inland Southern California
individuals trained in small business management skills
business owners will receive business counseling services
jobs will be created
in micro-loans to start and grow businesses
The purpose of the Microenterprise Collaborative of Inland Southern California is to create and sustain businesses and jobs through micro-business development. We accomplish that by increasing the
- Number of referrals to micro-business resources
- Public awareness of the importance of micro-business development for the economy
- Support for the micro-business services and microlenders serving the region
Help us grow
Here’s what you can do:
- Refer a business owner to the small business resources listed on this website, www.microbizinsocal.org.
- Join nearly 600 bankers, nonprofits, Chambers of Commerce, Government Agencies, and Universities and Colleges as a Partner of the Microenterprise Collaborative. Sign up on this website.
- Advocate for support of small business development and public policies that benefit small businesses.