The purpose of the Microenterprise Collaborative of Inland Southern California is to create and sustain businesses and jobs through microbusiness development.
This will be accomplished through the following strategies:
- Increase the number of small businesses accessing small business development services.
- Increase public awareness of microbusiness development.
- Increase funding to the microbusiness development field.
- Build the infrastructure of the collaborative.
Action Plans for 2019-20
- Introduce the Resource Navigator to small business owners throughout the region through a marketing campaign that includes social media, public presentations and working with partners.
- Develop the network of small business service providers with two convenings and training on the essential elements of effective small business development.
- Increase engagement of financial institution partners by holding a Financial Institution-focused event and launching the Financial Institution Advisory Board
- Increase referrals to small business resources and microlenders from bank staff by providing at least two presentations at financial institution staff meetings.
MECISC will measure its progress in achieving its purpose in 2020 by:
- Providing small business development in the region, as evidenced by
- 9,000 individuals trained and counseled
- 1,000 jobs created and supported
- 250 businesses started
- Raising at least $100,000 for nonprofit small business service providers
- Providing micro-lending in the region at the level of $21M